Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, May 9, 2014

Disappointed to Elated

I've been writing this post all week...just haven't gotten back to it till today.

The word is out..... (Hey, that makes me think of a classic...let's side track for a minute so I can sing...)


OK....I'm back. lol

My Raptors disappointed me. Disappointed us all. We were sooo hopeful.
I was sooo looking forward to watching the game all day that Friday, which then turned into Sunday after a horrible Game 5 loss. When Game 5 started, it didn't take long to realize the Raptors didn't really show up. The day when they should have been able to take the round. Thank goodness they had a second chance to try with a Home Game. I couldn't wait to get home after church to watch the game. Me! I was wishing I was there, if not at the game, standing in Jurassic Park aka Maple Leaf Square with the rest of the excited fans.....till they lost! lol But now, it's over. I am still devastated. Lol. Ok, maybe devastated is a bit of an overstatement. But you know what I mean.
Now, I get to watch Miami beat Brooklyn. And yes, I am full on cheering for Miami this year because Brooklyn beat the Raptors. lol While Furman cheers on Miami because he is a die hard Miami fan from Miami. At the same time, i've been following some of the other games too. You know, watching Hibbert tank. But, enough of this NBA talk.

This is Mother's Day Weekend and today is a good day. I got to visit my mother in the hospital and had a wonderful visit with her after a rough disappointing week, for which I will skip the details. Before going to the hospital I stopped at my mothers apartment and as I was stopping at a neighbourhood store to buy her a treat, I ran into my father. OMG! I couldn't believe it. He was walking towards the store looking all cool and stuff with his black sunglasses. I will hold onto that image forever if I never see him again.
I say this because for those who don't know, my father has never been a part of my life. Nope. I've known where he was and stuff but he has chosen to live the life of a man without a child. It's been hard to deal with growing up but I have. I've been trying to get him to go to coffee with me for a long time. Just so we could sit down and get to know each other not necessarily as parent and child but as strangers trying to get acquainted. But, he has always denied me. I think I wrote about a time in the past where I ran into him on the street for the first time since I was much much younger and he ignored me because he was unsure of how to react. Well, today, he didn't have much of a choice unless he was going to turn around and run. That would have been hilarious...although hurtful.

So, I approached him as he walked toward me. Not sure if he knew who I was right off the bat but probably. Thank goodness I wasn't looking too shabby. lol Was all dressed up for mom in my linen pants and heels. He commented on how tall I was so I brought his attention to my heels as I asked him if I could give him a hug. He gave me one. I swear time stood still for a moment. We only talked for a few minutes. I was nervous and I don't know if he really wanted to be there. He seemed to forget about whatever he went to the store for though. I say that because after our interaction he just turned around and went back where he came from. lol But, I got a hug!! My only regret, was not getting a photo with him or of him. I couldn't dare ask. Are you kidding me? So I wonder, when he left me what was on his mind? Will he ever agree to coffee with me? Gee....maybe I should have invited him to have a Spirit. lol Who knows?

Between running into my father....a highly unusual and random event, and having an awesome visit with my mother at the hospital....and now my daughter will be coming over to spend the weekend. I have to conclude that today is a damn good day. Yup!
Oh man...that makes me think of another classic by Ice Cube.

So, in case I am wayyy too busy to blog over the weekend, let me say from now to all the Mother's that are reading:
  I am certainly looking forward to mine.

Spending time with the people that I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...