Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Crazy Weekend

I must say.... It was quite the weekend.  
Much thanks to some awesome new friends!
We made a plan, and executed.....for Furman's second experience having a Caribana Weekend.  
We were supposed to start off our weekend with an early morning Weekend Ride, but that didn't quite work out as had originally planned so we decided to put it off for a few more weeks.

Mid day....we headed into the city to meet our friends and the weekend began!!
I won't highlight all the shenanigans but we certainly made some great memories.  
That being said, a few photos were captured of my silliness. Lmao
When I realized that we hadn't been taking any photos....I decided to create some photo opportunities by playing the tourist and asking a few people to pose with me. lol  
Furman was steering clear of the camera and my silliness.
Oh...and it's Carnival....so you know I had to get someone to dance with me. lol When I saw this lady covered from head to toe...I couldn't resist going up to her and getting her to shake loose. It's actually caught on a hilarious video but i'll save you the hysterics and just share a snapshot.


Caribana was fun but I think it was smaller than last years. At least it felt that way. There were definitely less vendors probably because rumor has it that the cost of the permits were higher. Way to go city! Never heard of any violence happening, which is always awesome. But, there was an absolutely horrible accident: Caribbean Carnival to Review Safety After Teen's Death. RIP to this young man and prayers go out to his friends and family during this horrible time of grief. Such a horrible accident.

Even after the parade festivities were over for us, my desire to get in photos was still hot. hahaha We went to eat at a local restaurant and as we were leaving I saw what looked like some Asian tourists posing for a photo so I decided to photobomb their picture. Bahahaha......They never said a word!! Smh. Did they even notice? I'm not sure if some tourist has a group shot with my head in the middle of the four. hahahaha Oh well. The weekend was pure jokes. My post would be wayyy too long if I told you about all the laughter.

But....our weekend didn't end with Caribana.....we headed back out on Sunday to be a part of a birthday get to together by having a nice dinner at an Oliver & Bonacini restaurant - Biff's Bistro. It was French Cuisine and actually wasn't too bad.
Speaking of birthday's....my daughter finally turned 18!! Damn, i'm old!
Happy Birthday to my baby!!  Who clearly is not a baby anymore!

As busy as our weekend was, we managed to squeeze in our weekend run - Monday morning. But, by that time my legs were absolutely exhausted...and still are. But we ran....and I was trying to be strong...till around the 9.5km mark....I decided to be a wimp. I had no more in me. Not good....not good. Next weekend is my 15k MidSummer Night's Run that Furman has been helping me train for. God Bless Him. I know that sometimes I must be a piece of work. lol But you know what, I'm partly ok with being able to finish the 15k and more worried about the First Half Marathon in September. Need more time!!!

Anyways....I just wanted to give an update on an awesome weekend....although I never really told you a whole lot. hahaha Trust me, you don't want to read that much!! I trust that Furman and my friends had a great weekend too....laughing at me! lol Always happy to make somebody smile.

Happy Tuesday!
Love short weeks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...