Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Leave It To "Beaver"

Now the first thing that might come to mind when you read the title of my post today is probably this show. (If you are around my age bracket..lol)


I used to watch this show all the time. Couldn't wait till lunch break to run home and watch Leave It To Beaver and then The Flintstones. Oh yeah. Or was it the other way around? I don't remember. For those who have no clue what I am talking about...this is when cartoons were tha bomb!  lol Ho Hum!

                                   
Anyways.....my blog post is not about old cartoons although there is tons that I can say about them. Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, etc. Noooo, I title my blog Leave It To Beaver because after an awesome Marrieds Class at church last evening, I found out that my husband is Primarily a "Beaver" Personality Type. lol Oh Yeah....and I'm Primarily a "Golden Retriever". (Big Smile) What am I talking about? Well, last night was the first night of our new Core Group.

Loved it! This is what we are studying for the next 6 weeks or so. Who Did You Really Marry? lol Good question. Seeing your marriage through God's eyes.       Do Opposites Attract?    Check out the Promo to the left.
We started the class off by each answering a questionnaire and then checking our answers against our spouse to see how many were the same answers. Furman and I, we got 13 out of 20. Not bad! Not bad at all! lol Hmm? Are WE opposites or more similar? 
Then, we all watched a short video to kick off this series with different Personality Types.  The Lion, The Otter, The Golden Retriever and The Beaver. hahaha No lie! Check on the link for more details on these Personality Types and see what YOU are. I agree that we have a Primary Personality Type as well as a Secondary. In fact, we probably got a little bit of every type in us. Yup..a Wild Kingdom for sure. haha 

Let's see...Furman being what I thought was my opposite is kind of what attracted me to him in the first place. Aside from his good looks and sense of humor. lol Yin and Yang? lol He's a loud trombone and I'm a muted trumpet. haha Something like that. (Was a question from class - inside joke) As time passed, it turned out that we have more similarities than I had thought. Yes...he is wayyy more organized than I am. And yes, I am wayyy sensitive. But, we really do like a lot of the same stuff and compliment each other with the same values...and after this class, I believe that even more. Yup...Furman was made for me. lol (Oh, and he is getting me organized Rollin, Rollin, Rollin...above the many things he brings to my life.) Can you imagine if we were both a Beaver? Both a Lion? Oh no...both Golden Retrievers? hahaha Oh my! Nope, he is the Beaver all right! Now how Canadian is that? He was already on his way to being Canuckinized and didn't even know it! lol
 Yup...that's the Canadian Beaver on our Nickel. lol


We are all different (Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus), and our differences make us unique and able to fit together with somebody special, just like a puzzle piece.
Differences! Reminds me of a passage that we touched on in class....Luke 10:38-42. The story of Martha and Mary. Martha's thought was that Mary needed to be a bit more like her at the time....but Jesus assured her that Mary was doing what she needed to do. They were different, and appreciated. There wasn't one person that was wrong. Quite an interesting story when you read further.

Anyways....I just wanted to share a little about the class I enjoyed and what we will be digging into. Got homework too. lol To make a list of things we might not like about our spouse and put a positive spin on it. Not that I would have a LIST for Furman. lol I am certainly looking forward to these classes. Learning about Love Language and how to Communicate better - The Essentials of Marriage.

Who Did I Really Marry?
I know....I know...

I love my Furman!
I know that I married my SoulMate.
And....we are BETTER because of each other!

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...