Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, April 20, 2012

Toronto Yonge St 10k

This is it! This is my route!  God help me!

As my hubby so graciously clarified for me...running on the treadmill for an hour is the same distance as this route.  Pretty much. Problem is, when I'm running on the treadmill I don't have a map of where i'm going...lol  This map right here....I know these streets, which makes it seem hella far!  Mind you, running on the treadmill I do get a bit bored with nothing to look at but myself in the mirror most of the time....lol So maybe running this wont seem so bad with lots to look at and trying not to get trampled by the other runners.  As expected, I'm sure the odd person running past me that I assume shouldn't be able to do that will put some more pep in my step.  lol  I'm still scared. Hell ya!  And I don't care if this is not my first 10k.

My first 10k was a year ago, The Game of Life 10k (Inaugural event), and after conquering what I had set out to do it was a PR nightmare and runner upset for them to announce that they had made an error in their mapping of the distance.  The 10k was actually only a 9k in 60 minutes. Man, was I pissed!!  But, I was thrilled that with the help of a friend, I ran that 9k without stopping. Felt awesome. And...one of my cousins came out in the cold to support me. God bless her cause it was cold that day. lol The high for the day was like 4Celsius but I didn't get that.  It was like -1Celsius in the morning hours when I had to run. I did it anyways though...i'm just saying...it was damn cold. So far, it looks like Sunday will be a bit chilly also. Great...just great!

Bib#5000 and Bib#5006!  If anyone is gonna be around...look for us! Feel free to bring your posters and vuvuzella's to cheer us on. hahaha  I know my same cousin will be at the finish line and possibly a good friend too. My fan club is growing!!  lol  I'm #5006 - running my first race as Mrs.White!
I'll be like finding WALDO!   lol
I'll have to swing by after work to pick up our race kits with our bibs and complimentary race shirt because we got a busy weekend ahead. Up early on Saturday morning to head to Buffalo NY for a little shopping before we are expected at a local school for my daughters baton twirling competition. It'll be a long day no doubt. Especially knowing that we have to get up early for the race on Sunday. Race starts at 9am! So, I hope I get an opportunity to stop by my favorite Buffalo Wing place La Nova, I know we gotta find a way to take in some Pasta.
Don't think I should wear the shirt till i've earned it!

Almost here!! After I conquer this...I'll register for Another Run.

Wish me luck people!!

I got this!!  With my husband by my side.  Told ya he was running with me. lol

Will update ya after the run.



Immigration Update:

Yeah...so in a week they've moved 1 day!  hahaha  Incredible. I just don't get it!  Can they get to the 31st already. They've gone from moving forward...to moving backwards...to not really moving at all!!  Gheez!


Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada
Type of applicationStep 1

Assessment of Sponsor
Step 2

Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant)

(The Call Centre does not have processing times for step 2)
Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child
88 days

(working on applications received on January 19, 2012)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race on Sunday!

    PS: Your favorite wing place in Buffalo should be Honey's! SHame on you!!! lol

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danica.
      Never heard of Honey's lol I'll have to check it out. Found La Nova from someone else that bragged about it on Facebook and they really are awesome. But i'll look for Honey's and try to compare. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...