Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, April 16, 2012

Everything Is Coming Together

I had an awesome weekend.
Saturday morning I got up early for my monthly Ladies Prayer Breakfast and then in the afternoon, my husband, daughter and I headed into the city to a local shelter where we have been going since last year to feed the homeless. We try to do this with my church every six weeks. It's called Church In The City. I love giving back.  Apparently, Saturday's trip to The Good Neighbors Club where we've been feeding the homeless will be our last. We haven't stopped volunteering, we've just graduated to a bigger and better site that I can't wait to see. The Good Neighbors Club was pretty small, seating about 60. Now, I'm told we should be able to seat about 100! Oh Boy! Can't wait.

Oh....and I hit the pavement today!  I sure did.
I woke up about 5:30am and after dragging myself out of bed I took to the couch for about 10 minutes. The rabbits upstairs were asleep so it was pretty quiet this morning. lol  Laying there, my mind started thinking about my usual routine. Up early, at work by 7:30am to hit the treadmill at the office gym and then back at my desk by 9am to start my day. Then I started thinking.....I can probably go for a run outside and still make it back in time to get ready for work. Hmmm? But, it was dark outside still even though it was 13Celsius. Yet, my 10k is this coming Sunday.  So, I stayed laying down there for a few more minutes before I made a definite decision and hopped up..."I'm going for a run!"  I knew I wouldn't have time to do a 10k but a 5k would certainly work as a start. I quietly made my way back into my room to grab some running gear which included a bright ass orange running shirt that I got when I did my very first 5k - The Toronto Women's Run. Yup - I was making sure that I was gonna be seen running outside before the sun came up. lol  It was a pretty good run.  The street was well lit and I decided against my usual route that took me onto a wooded trail. I stayed on the main roads. End result - 3.17mile run. Not bad at all. I slowed down toward the end because I ended up running up an incline that made me hella tired.  But not bad at all.

I might do it again tomorrow.  I think my husband might like that.  After all, I didn't wake him up to go with me today. Made no sense to do that in my mind. He was sleeping. But, when I walked in the house he was wide awake. He had been looking for me after he noticed that my stuff was still hanging around and I wasn't far. He had thought I just went out to the car or something, but I didn't return. lol  Nope...I was doing my thing!! hahaha  After all, running on the pavement is much different from running on the treadmill. So, I was trying to put in some pavement hours and the weather today was incredible right from the early morning hours.  He was disappointed though.  He said that he's been patiently waiting to run with me while I've been keeping in mind that my running with him will be holding him back because he is training for a Marathon and I'm only at 10k. Nevertheless, he wants to run me. So, I'm gonna try this again tomorrow morning. That's the plan. lol

Hey, I even made good use of my 30 minute lunch today. Sure did. Went for a 1.74mile walk and burned off 210 calories. At least that's according to the Map My Run App that I use on my iPhone. lol It made the way for a 240 calorie Caramilk chocolate bar that I had a craving for. :)  There is a diet on the horizon though. Already picked up my supply of turkey sausages and sweet potatoes this weekend. Trust me on that one.  Remember when I was talking about the Weight Exchange? Well, my daughter came to my room this weekend to show me that she had split a pair of her jeans when putting them on.  Bahahahahaha
Yup...she's gaining weight too! If I could get her to run with me for Another Run that would be soo awesome. In the meantime, we'll diet together. lol  Furman can continue to lose weight and maintain his hottness. Hahahaha....I'm slippin! She looks good though. She is young so she is just looking more like an athlete anyways.  Just goes to show...life is good! Everybody is happy and healthy! lol

I love having my husband home!
This past weekend too, the three of us seemed to do a bit more bonding which was awesome.  I hope it wasn't because she was grounded and wasn't allowed to go anywhere anyways...lol (Yup, I still maintain control and the ability to ground my teenager. lol  1 day grounding for every 5 minutes late past curfew. Works out great!) But it was nice to have her hang out with us as opposed to in her bedroom even if it was just because she was grounded.  Maybe it had to do with a recent conversation she had about Changes - That's Just The Way It Is.  After all, she could have been in her room. But, it was a beautiful weekend and I'm certainly looking forward to the next one which will prove to be quite busy: Buffalo NY for baton twirling competition on Saturday and then the 10k on Sunday!  Woo Hoo.  I think I can, I think I can!

We'll see.  Everything is coming together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...