Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ghetto? Or NOT!

Have you ever heard of someone getting "Ghetto"? lol
Here's an example:
                                       TV Reporter gets "Ghetto" when a bug flies in his mouth.

Notice how he started off real prim and proper, right professional and then lost himself or became who he really was, as some would put it. lol

Well, this morning I pulled out the heavy artillery myself and decided I was gonna remind somebody that I'm educated!  Oh yes!  I put my Post Secondary Education to good use. Showed and told them a thing or two!  I'm so proud of myself.  Sometimes I think that some people really think I'm an idiot.  I mean really!  I've risen far above what my childhood may have dictated for my life. I may have been a young mother fresh out of high school, but I didn't let that hold me back. I was determined to prove others and myself wrong and make my mother proud.  I got my degree studying Psychology and Sociology.  It helped me understand my mothers illness and all I had struggled with as I grew up. Growing up, I always threw myself into my books because it kept my mind off other things. I was an honor roll student and junior high school valedictorian. I wasn't an idiot then and I'm sure as hell not an idiot now.  This morning....I had to give someone a gentle reminder.  My written communication has always been stellar. Or should I say that I have a way with words sometimes. lol  Cracks me up too that my son always thanks me for how I raised him because he knows just how smart he is too. But...i'll always be ahead of him too!

I started having a conflict with this someone immediately after I returned from getting married. Coincidence? I certainly don't think so. Nevertheless, a conflict began, actions were taken, communication ceased and all was good in the land. At least I thought so.  Then, most recently, I learned that all wasn't well. Over the time of no communication, this person was brewing and plotting and I really don't know.  lol Why? Because they attempted to take actions that would benefit them to resolve our conflict in the beginning. Turns out, things backfired. But, as quick as we came to an agreeable solution, was as quick as it fell apart. Why again? This time they tried to involve a third party that was already involved indirectly but not privy to the existing conflict.  That third party decided that they would come to me about something they really had no say in.  Now, I'm angry.
When the pot has boiled down I may share the ingredients but right now its too hot and personal. So, you get what I'm saying without really knowing what I'm talking about. lol Sorry...but I needed to write and this is what I chose to write about today!!

I'm soo tired of being taken advantage of. My husband speaks to me about this all the time. I'm too nice.  I need to stop letting people take advantage of me and it doesn't matter who it is.  He is so right. There is a limit to allowing yourself to feel used and abused, battered and torn.  It get's to the point where sometimes it's expected that you are just going to blow a fuse and snap at somebody.  So, that's what I kind of did today, in a nice professional, educated, I'm not an idiot way.  lol  Several of my colleagues at work are familiar with my expertise in putting together a well drafted professional email.  I've done this at work for myself, on behalf of our team, etc.  I know just what to say and just how to say it. Today, I did some research and took to the keyboard to rightfully put someone in their place and hopefully deter any future harassment about our conflict.  I was putting my foot down. Not leaving anything else up to discussion. Stated some facts, quoted some references, justified my position - Damn, I'm good! lol
When I was done, I had a friend read it over for me since sometimes I can get a bit too harsh. lol But, I ended up with a complete Masterpiece!  Yes, I'm tooting my own horn. lol  Once I was done and hit SEND, I felt absolutely awesome.  CHECK MATE!!  Now...time will tell what becomes of it. Hopefully the conflict will not continue with either of the parties, now that a third party was pulled into it.  Oh the third party got copied on the email too, don't you worry. lol  Will my well crafted email complete with educational references be able to stop somebody in their tracks.  Smh!

Reminds me of only a few weeks ago when an exchange with someone I love turned nasty Not A Grudge - A Choice.  After taking oh so much abuse from them I let them know that I could get just as nasty by choice and not because I'm naturally that way.  In a matter of speaking...I got "Ghetto". lol However, I did apologize in the same email for what I was saying...lol  (After all, if they met with me in person to talk like I had been asking, I can guarantee they wouldn't have gotten ridiculous in the first place..lol)  Afterwards, I took it to God. I should have never allowed anyone to drag me to their level. That's what being human does sometimes though.  I had to take responsibility for my action in return though.  In today's instance, I rose above. Oh Hell Yeah!!  Funny thing was that the person I sent the email to responded by telling me that what I sent them was "Well Said".  Bahahahaha!  What can I say?  Someone respects my talent in light of our conflicts. lol  So...we'll see what they next move will be if any.

With all this going on this morning, my daughter took an opportunity to text me how much she loved me.  Out of the blue. Just like that. It was the most awesome feeling in the world. She sure did. I think she had an idea that I was a bit...deflated.  Not only did she tell me she loved me but, she invited me out to dinner...her treat!! WHAT!!! She told be to "Be there or Be Square!" Now isn't that the cutest thing?  So tonight...i'm going to do some family bonding and enjoy the love that I'm surrounded with.  She's not going to cover the entire tab. lol I'm just thrilled that she offered. The offer is what means the world to me. But, i'll let her cover a little bit of it. After all, it was her idea and I don't want her to think that every time she offers to take me to dinner that i'm gonna let her off the hook and pay. I love her!! She's a teenager, but sometimes she is such an adult.


2 comments:

  1. That video is hilarious. It's amazing how quickly we can become ourselves..hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. My point exactly that I had been trying to make with some people over whether there should be a Black Bachelor or not. I totally disagree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...