Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, August 29, 2014

Nominated

Finally able to take some time to blog.
By now....you have all probably heard of or even participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. If not, please click on the link for more info.

Well, we fell victim to it too. lol Got caught up in the hype after Furman watched a video that he had been tagged in on his Facebook page. hahaha  Nominated!!
It was too funny that Furman had been nominated by a wonderful man from church. We shook our heads and laughed thinking that of all people, what made this man think of and nominate Furman? Well, maybe because he hadn't seen us for a few weeks at church?  Smh. Are we missed? We sit right in the front row so we probably are. lol (We've been attending service at another church with friends but we'll be back with our church family this Sunday).

Now...if any of you knew my husband you'd know that he's a planner. So, he set out on a mission to plan his Ice Bucket soaking. Decided he would get his adopted family to help him out. 5 kids who would absolutely love to soak him. lol After church, that's what we did. Check it out!


It was great laughs as you can see. Him taking in the water that made him burp and spit...that was hilarious!
And, the fun didn't end there. Our friend who had also been previously nominated by a couple people decided that she would go ahead and do hers. Oh, but guess who she then nominated!! Me! lol So, I decided to take advantage of the situation and re-use the ice we've been dumping. Yes.. I can be frugal at times. The ice was picked up off the ground and had the blades of grass cleaned off and added to a pail. Borrowing a change of clothes, I got ready to get soaked myself. But, who do I nominate? 

                                     

My sister was on my original nomination list so I sent her a text message to let her know what my original intentions were. lol She was probably happy I changed my mind thanks to Furman. She took it like a trooper though. God Bless her for her donation too. Something she was planning to do whether she got nominated or not. 

                        

And my running buddy Catie....she jumped at the chance to do her challenge but she dedicated her donation to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in support of the boy she runs for that has it. She is even travelling to Tennessee to take part in Garrett's Hero Run so I made sure to also make a donation to show my support of DMD. Please click on the links I've shared for more info and to donate if interested also. 

As you know, there are soo many charities out there that need our support that haven't gotten the attention that ALS just has. Let's remember those ones too. Close to my heart is the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario. I meant to create a new fundraising page for my upcoming Army Run and just totally dropped the ball when I had issues with the site. 

But notice in my video how I was jumping around like a damn nut? Let me explain. In my head, I had already calculated how long I would have to endure the coldness from the bucket. So, when the first bucket poured I started to walk away because I thought I was done. Needless to say, my husband had other ideas and had a second dose for me. So, at the time, I didn't know what was going on. All I knew was that the water just kept coming (he was pouring slowly) and my math was wrong. lol I was like WTH? Gotta love him? Always knows how to make a moment special. Thank you my love. :0 lol

Anyways...I gotta stop blogging here because I have a busy day. Today is a special day for one of my cousins - Wedding Day! An awesome way to start off the long weekend. Look forward to sharing in this special event with other family I haven't seen in quite some time. It will truly be a beautiful day. Gee....I can't believe my own 3 yr anniversary is not too far away. Oh boy...can't wait. Mediterranean here we come!!

On that note, I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful and safe weekend.
Love and Congratulations being sent out to my cousin and his new wife in advance.

I'll leave you with a couple still shots that Furman took from the video as profile pics for our Facebook page. Hey, that lets others know we've already taken the challenge so we don't get nominated again. lol Good thinking Furman!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...