Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Change in Plans

Well.....my husband is on the road again. Literally!


As I type, I am speaking to him as he makes the drive from Edmonton to Calgary all by his lonesome for work. I will say it again,  I GOT INTO THE WRONG LINE OF WORK!!  lol

He travelled Monday morning to Edmonton so he can prepare to deliver a workshop on Tuesday and then drive himself to Calgary to deliver another workshop on Wednesday before flying back home. Drive himself! lol Quite an adventure for a man who has never been out West. He'll get it done though, without getting lost. Now, let me just say, he tried to be extra prepared. He travelled with our GPS from the car so that he would have something for direction. But, turns out that the GPS you purchase in the Eastern part of Canada doesn't work out West. Go figure! I'll have to look into that. Apparently, the farthest the GPS will take you is Saskatchewan. So, it was kind of a waste for him to bring it. Oh well. Change in plans! Now, we know. But, I have no concerns....Furman will find his way no problem. He is not a man to get lost! And...it looks like it is pretty much a straight shot.

                                      
                     
So, I had this elaborate plan of what to do with myself while he was out of town and nothing really worked out. lol 
First, I planned a sleepover with my daughter for Monday night forgetting I had an appointment that I had to go to, so had to cancel that plan with her. Hung out with my son for a bit after my appointment which was nice. Miss him! Pleasant change in plans.
Then, I planned a sleepover for Tuesday with her instead. Well, that didn't work out either. She cancelled on me with good reason, work. Money first! What I keep telling her right now. lol I'm not going anywhere. Get that money!! Another change in plans. Oh well.
When I got home from work, I decided to hit the road and go for a run. I had a planned destination based on a conversation Furman and I had several days earlier. I wanted to make an attempt to reach a certain road so that my Garmin 220 would tell me what the distance was from home. However, as I got closer to my destination I started to change my plan after looking at the elevation of where I still would need to run to get to the point I originally planned to reach. lol Noooo, wasn't ready for that tonight. I was on a roll and didn't want to mess it up. I hit a traffic light close enough and turned back. Guess I'll have to attempt the route again another time and find out exactly how far it is from home.

                                          

My legs are real tired now but I felt awesome while running. I swear I probably could have gone farther. But, after I made slight changes to my running plan I decided I would stop at exactly 11km - half of my half marathon goal. Proud of myself. But I wont tell you the time I ran because I'm still not quite where I need to be in my conditioning. Just not yet!

Now, I kick back and type while talking to my hubby for a bit while he drives across what is supposedly a real flat and boring route to Calgary. He still will not have the opportunity to see a Moose. lol I'll have to take him for a drive down East for that I guess.
Well, i'll stop typing here.
My husband has made it to his destination safely while I was typing and talking to him. I think I should get ready for bed now while he winds down. After all, he is two hours behind me due to the change in time zone.


I hesitate to make a plan for tomorrow to kill time after work till his flight gets in since my plans haven't quite been working out. Too many changes in plans. lol But, my idea is to maybe take myself to a movie. Been a while since I been to one. Whatever I do, I know I wont be driving home till its time to pick him up. Nope, too far. That would definitely be a waste of gas. I work closer to the airport where he will be coming in.

Anyways.....wishing you an awesome tomorrow.
                                     
Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...