Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting Ready to Run

Excited?

I must say, I'm not exactly there yet.
Concerned is more like it.
15k is one thing.....but a Half Marathon? 
Yup....that's what I'm griping about.  The day is quickly approaching.  It sure is.
I'm not ready for this.  And while I still have several days to get ready....I'm afraid my readiness will never come. Even after I've finished the darn thing. Smh.
Slow and steady wins the race.  Yup....I'm gonna demonstrate exactly what that means. Lol
                                               
Now, we know that I can already run 15k without stopping. Lol
I might forget I can do that next weekend though.  Just sayin!
After completing the Half next weekend, I can't see myself doing another.  Sad, but true. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But I know, I know....never say never!!  Lol  (Oh, and notice I did say "after completing".

In the meantime, we've started making plans for our winter runs. No lie! Lol I am quite serious...and crazy I might add. (Some of you already know this..lol)
It's all Catie's fault...again!  I swear I wouldn't have thought about running in the cold if it wasn't for her. But, she got me again. I couldn't say no.



Soooo...we are separately registered to do the Resolution Run 5k on New Years Day!  Woo hoo....it's gonna be a cold one.  But, a great way to start the year I'd like to think. Instead of bling we get a nifty race jacket. So you know that's really why I signed up. Lol Got Furman to agree to do it with me too.

Oh, but we didn't stop there!!

We haven't registered yet but we have gotten quite a group together to run the Santa Shuffle! Lol Now that one has some nifty bling. At least I think so. 

But...let me not get too far ahead of myself. Let me conquer this Half Marathon first so I can proudly earn my 13.1mile/21.1km magnet for my car!! So, to do that, I gotta keep running.  Have been running 5k about 3 times a week and doing a long run on the weekend. Was so proud of myself running out and doing a 10k last weekend while Furman was at work. I sooo wanted to slack off....but I just couldn't. This weekend will be no exception! One more week to go!!! 1st 1/2

On that note.....i'm off to start my weekend!!!  Have a great weekend everyone. God Bless!!!

Stole photo from my running partner Catie.....and I totally agree with it!

TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!!!!
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...