Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gifted!

Sooo.... I thought I'd write another post to share about our lovely weekend that passed. Was just a night away but something we definitely need to do more often. Especially when Niagara Falls is only a couple hours away. The good thing about it too, is that we can cross right over into Buffalo for some cross border shopping. Lol. Kill a couple birds with one stone. Ya know?

Anyways, I booked through Priceline.com for the first time. My sons recommendation. Named my price and got accepted with a decent room at the Marriott Gateway On The Falls. Didn't worry about a Fallsview room. With the stupid snowy weather there wasn't anything to really see, at least until the sun came out on Sunday.  Furman figures that with using Priceline they know exactly what room they are going to give you for Priceline money and it wouldn't be a Fallsview  room. Maybe he's right. Who knows.
                                     
We headed out to Niagara mid day Saturday to kill some time till we could check into the hotel. We brought our running gear with hopes to get in a nice run. (We are both supposed to be training for the 10k remember) I was hoping to be able to run along the Falls.  That didn't end up working out, just so ya know!  Lol We made our usual stops to fulfill our shopping list. Tops Supermarket for some Grits and Blistex. Don't even laugh! The Blistex I buy are much cheaper in the US than at home. And fellow Canadians know you can't get Grits on our side of the border. If anyone knows of a place where you can, be sure to let me know will ya? In the same plaza as Tops, we check out Target and go to Sally's Beauty Supply.  Now this is where I get my hair products. Yup, I rather pay $8.99 than the $13.99 for the same bottle they charge in Toronto. Oh, and Dollar Tree is a must! Lol. Not the same as ours. Nope. Gotta make a stop at Dollar Tree even if its just for snacks.

Next stop is always Jared's!  You know, The Gallery of Jewelry.  As I think I mentioned in a post when I just started, Furman bought my engagement ring from Jared's in Miami. So, seeing as there is no Jared's in Toronto, my ring service is a trip across the border. I get everything cleaned. We bought our wedding bands from the Indiana Jared's and the earrings from the Pennsylvania store. Lol So I get those taken care of also. Love Jared's. 
And, while waiting, we shop. (Big smile). This time, I got some Pandora charms for my bracelet. Lol. Yup!  I said some!  My husband loves me. I have a hard time choosing and I'm very sentimental so if I can't choose we get them both.  Or in this case, all!

                                                 

Maple Leaf, Yin/Yang, dangling Passport, USA and a dangling cross. 
Can you pick out the symbolism here? 

But mannnn.... Was it ever great timing for ring service.  Apparently my stone was loose. OMG! WTH? I guess from getting caught on those winter sweaters and such. I had to leave it for service and pick up the next day. Good thing we already had plans to spend the night on the Ontario side. Made it easy to return for another day of shopping. Lol. Another good thing too... I was able to get something Furman has been waiting to get me... The Garmin Forerunner 220!!  Woo hoo. I am soo ready to run now. Lol

 
Great video helped Furman get me all set.  Check it out - Excellent review.

Let's just say this past weekend I was well gifted. Woo wee. Pampered!  Was a nice treat. 

We didn't get to The Cheesecake Factory or La Nova Pizza and Wings as usual. But, we did check out a new recommended spot that we thoroughly enjoyed and would also recommend - Duff's Famous Wings. Great wings. And apparently they are now in Toronto somewhere. Gonna look them up.  Oh, we also checked out Kyoto Japanese Hibachi restaurant too. Another highly recommended spot. Both recommended by the staff at Jared's and both places were definitely a hit.  Wonder where they will recommend us to try on our next visit. lol

Anyways....time to get to work.
Before the stress starts I just thought I'd relish a happy thought and share my past weekend.

Hope everyone has an awesome and blessed day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...