Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ready to Run

It's been a while since I've blogged so I am making a special attempt to do it now while I am exhausted.
Actually started writing a few blog posts that never got around to finishing to publish.

Soo much has been happening. Work stupidness as usual. Things got even worse, some expected and some unexpected. But...I need my job so I really can't tell you what has happened since. Let's just say that many aware of this long soap opera have said "I TOLD YOU SO". lol This coming week will be even more interesting. Man oh man!

But let me update you on something else I previously wrote about - my car. TaDa! 

And we are whole again.  Lol. No dent! Was taken care of as promised and in a timely fashion.

                                                       

On that note, I'll plug the honest people I dealt with.  If you are local, i'm just sayin!! Honest people!!


Furman says I was lucky. Lol. Because if I was in the US I'd be paying to fix my own car.  Haha

And, I thought I would show off my new jersey. Not like I had an old one but you know what I mean.  I ordered it from the US for a good price after Furman got one with somebody's help. I couldn't let my American husband have a hockey jersey when his Canadian wife doesn't have one at all. Oh nooo. Lol. So ta da! Again! lol  But....let's just say that it will have to stay in the package until the next season. Not quite sure what happened to the Toronto maple Leafs. They started off the season with such promise then TANKED! New focus....The Toronto Raptors who have now made the playoffs. First time since 2008. Smh! Raptors Clinch Playoff Spot

Oh. Oh. Oh.....and let me tell you...I have set some more goals. Furman and I have officially signed up to run the Army Run Half Marathon. How fitting considering my husband used to be a soldier himself. I couldn't resist the opportunity to return to Ottawa  for a better race route along the Rideau Canal.
2014_ArmyRunMedal                                                       Canadian Army Run - Half Marathon Map
Oh....and, the bling was way too cute to pass up.
What a way to get some dog tags without enlisting. lol By earning it running my third Half Marathon in September. Remember, we have one already scheduled for May....the Ottawa Half Marathon. Oh....but we didn't stop here.....we decided to go INTERNATIONAL!! Furman and I registered to run a race that he already ran several years ago, the Detroit International Half Marathon. When he told me about it I thought it was soo cool, just never thought I'd be doing it. Now I will, in October after our third anniversary.

Our International Half-Marathon course offers international appeal, traversing both downtown Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, crossing the border at both the Ambassador Bridge and Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. 

Oh, and of course, my running buddy Catie will be on board with us to add new bling to our collections. She is the one that encouraged us to do the Army Run. She was already registered. lol That's her, always raring to go! Furman wasn't sure about it and neither was I until I confirmed that the route is actually different than the one we are running in May. Now....to train...oh my....the 10k coming up in a few weeks is going to be torture. But, we are soo happy that the weather is finally starting to change so that we can get outside.

Anyways......I really gotta stop here just because I'm exhausted. Had a lovely weekend in Niagara and literally just got back. Can't wait to write you about it. Till then.....

Have a great evening.

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...