Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Time To Reflect

I hope everyone had
 a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

If you haven't already, it's a great time to reflect on the year that has passed and think about the year ahead. What would you like to accomplish?
What would you do differently if anything?
Have you made any New Years' Resolutions? Phooey! You know, those things that are often broken within the first six weeks of the year. lol

So much I could write about since I haven't written over the holidays but where to start?

First off, let me just say that Christmas was very Merry. Very special indeed as my family and I got together to break bread with my mom at her home, in the kitchen that I fought so hard for her to get. Only Took 10 Yrs Yup! She cooked a meal for us instead of her coming to our house or us all going to someone else's. I knew that going to her home would be something that would make her extremely happy so that is what we did and she was happy indeed!!

Merry Christmas 2014!!
Having dinner at mom's house with my husband and children was very special - the best Christmas gift I could have. Thanks to my wonderful kids!!

Skipping all we did over the holidays.....i'll head right to New Years!



Thanks girl....for allowing us to share with your good company and great food to bring in New year 2014!


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!!!
                                               
We were far from home for the New Year so got home in the wee hours of the morning safely. Furman doesn't drink so he always gets us home safe! Nothing stopped us from getting up several hours later to take part in the Resolution Run. lol Sure did. Not even the -14C/7F temperature. Let me tell you.....the first 10 minutes into the run was pure torture. I swear I wanted to turn back. It was colder than the Santa Shuffle. I've Been Lazy The cold was biting any skin that was exposed which was mainly our faces. But...we endured...warmed up...and finished together. Furman is definitely not in Miami anymore. haha And if he didn't feel it before, he'll certainly feel it today cause it's even COLDER!!
kilometres
4.94
minutes
36:17
mins/km
7:20
kcal
392
Photo: Resolution Run 5k 2014
Resolution Run 2014
Now...everybody is back to the regular routine and before I return I'm taking a few days to relax and reflect.

2013 was a year of ups and downs like everybody else. Another year of surprises, both good and bad. A year of new accomplishments. I am so blessed to have Furman share in it all with me. Another year that is now in the past. It was a year where I thought a relationship I had with someone would be on the mend but it didn't work out that way. Really does take two and I guess it's not that time. A year where I met some great people and did some amazing things. A year where I had to sit back and watch someone I love go through some crazy growing pains and not be able to do anything about it. Make mistakes....but then fix them. Thank God for the power of PRAYER! So, I smiled when I read this post that was shared on Facebook by an awesome guy I know:  (not Neil Gaiman...have no clue who that is. lol)
                                                                   
                                          

God is definitely good. He may not always give us what we want, but we are certainly given what we need.
On that note, I look forward to 2014 and all that it brings! 

                                      
Thanking God for the people that are flying with me!!

Time to set new goals! That's why we started with the Resolution Run. I plan to continue with my running. Already signed up for the Ottawa Half Marathon and still trying to decide on other runs to do. Will continue with my pole fitness too, and learning new stuff. But first...focus on my health. I learned a couple days before Christmas that I have a medical condition that I wasn't aware that I had. But, I wont get into any details right now on what I've learned because I've really written enough for today and i'm still learning. Like I said when I started...so much I could write about. lol So stay tuned....and bye for now.

Prayers to all for an absolutely wonderful and blessed 2014!!

On that note....I'll end with a remake although there is nothing like the original. But good job Michael Buble.

                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...